Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Inexpensive White Christmas Tree Decorating

 Hello my darling friends!
I have begun fluffing my home for the holiday season!
As usual I am on a bit of a budget some I am using some of my thrifty finds to fluff up my vintage white Christmas tree.
 I picked up a packet of gold bulbs and gold berries for next to nothing and added them to the pinks and frosty blues to create a bit of holiday romance to my pastel decor.
 My little ones favorite bunny has outfitted herself and put on a bow to celebrate the season.
She reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit...very loved!
 To save money on buying new ribbons, I cut a $1 lace thrift store panel up and wove it into my tree before putting to balls on. 
To soften the gold balls I hot glued a floppy lace bow (also cut from the lace panel) to the top of the ornament. I also used some cheap acrylic paint and painted plain ornaments into a frosted icy blue and then added glitter to them.
I am really loving the blue touches and hope to do a few more here and there.
I am looking forward to this holiday season.
Come what may, I remind myself that every single day is a blessing from God.
Have a beautiful blessed day.
Hugs and sparkles,
xoxo
Olivia

9 comments:

  1. Olivia, your Christmas tree is really pretty! Love the softness of the lace.

    Autumn blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous Oliva, loving the gold accents you added for more romance.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Olivia. It is just gorgeous -as is everything you do! That tree is beautiful and I am really loving the touches of blue in there. Great idea about the old lace curtain. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is gorgeous! I'm on a budget too an I am trying slowly to go to white. Thank you for sharing your ideas. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olivia, it is absolutely beautiful! I love the touches of the blue and the lace just softens up everything so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olivia, it is absolutely beautiful! I love the touches of the blue and the lace just softens up everything so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and dreamy! I almost bought a white tree at a thrift shop and of course, am now kicking myself that I didn't! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend! Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to hear your thoughts! Hugs, Olivia

Search This Blog