Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shabby Craft Room Recycled Coffee Can Tutorial

Hello lovelies! 
I have been organizing my craft supplies.
I love all of the adorable organizers one can find at Michael's.
However, I am thrifty and wanted to figure out a way to organize my craft supplies without spending any money!
 I decided to create my own cute containers using empty  grocery cans!


Photo courtesy GKR Photography

Grocery Can Tutorial:
Photo courtesy GKR Photography

~Supplies~
Clean grocery cans
Adhesive Spray
Pretty Fabric
Scissors
Embellishments


Step 1

Apply adhesive spray to outside of can in small sections.
Lay fabric on adhesive sprayed section and gently smooth
 fabric to get most of the wrinkles out. 
Continue to work your way around the entire can spraying and then laying fabric until you meet up with your original starting point.


Step 2
 Trim top and bottom of fabric around can edges.
I left the edges a bit frayed for the shabby look but you can tuck and glue fabric if you like a polished look.
If the can does not have a peel off label and you are using a light colored fabric that shows lettering through the fabric,
 you can apply a second layer of fabric and repeat step 1.


Step 3 
Using your hot gun add a ribbon or trim around the edge.
Add fabric rosettes to tie in your colors and give your can that extra bit of Shabby fabulous punch!
Add your favorite creating supplies such as; paintbrushes, floral wire, scissors, pens, glue sticks, crystals etc!
Photo courtesy of GKR Photography

Photo courtesy of GKR Photography
Thank you for stopping by!
If you have cute organizing ideas leave a comment or email me
at oliviasromantichome@gmail.com
I am joining

My Romantic Home
 and
Pink Saturday

Big squishy hugs,
Olivia

37 comments:

  1. Olivia you make this look so easy they are beautiful especially the fabric good job! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty and a charming idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia, I love those shabby chic cans..How thrifty !! Smiles to you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I saw this post. Today I am working on doing some cans myself. Fun to see yours. I am thinking of spray startch to attach fabric--I am so messy with spray glue:) Yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very sweet- I love those cans made over-they are just beautiful@ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always .......Adorable, love the fabric and bows

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olivia,

    Hope you will come enter my very fun glass bottle cheese platter giveaway. It so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia, you are a lady after my own heart. I am loving your recycled grocery containers. They are absolutely gorgeous. I recycle everything I can and still way too much ends up in the landfills!! You are so creative my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job Olivia!! Let me know if you decide to put some these down at the flea market I would like to get a few!! Too cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabric and embellishments you chose! So very Shabby Chic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on that :) If you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely done and very pretty. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, Olivia! I love ideas like this. Thank you for your visit and Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome and so pretty! Happy Pink Saturday.

    Come join my Color Connection meme, it is also my PINK entry. Hope you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What charming containers!! Some resemble elegant hats, and others, keeping with the theme, look like those sweet elastics around the heads of precious bald babies.

    A lovely idea for recycling, and for enjoying.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty idea! Thankyou for sharing!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous! Perfect for Pink Birthday celebration.

    PINK at my page, come and see. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Olivia,
    I love what you did with your cans! Sounds funny, doesn't it? LOL! I too have been decorating ad do some altered cans! What a great and pretty way to recycle!! Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Olivia..I love this storage solution...so much better (sweeter) than the store bought containers !!

    Happy Pink and Yellow Saturday!!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are just sooo clever Miss Olivia! Great storage ideas that anyone can do!
    Happy pink,
    l
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great redos of those cans!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Don't those cakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Olivia! Oh, this is a great and very pretty idea! What a great way to recycle those cans.
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the super sweet tute...

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea with the cans. Love the pretty fabric you used. Hope you had a happy PS. Hugs, Lu

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my page! Love, love the cans! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE the shabby chic cans!
    I have been saving different size cans and plan to do the same thing. Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration to get started!
    Will visit again soon!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Olivia, you are always the creator of beautiful things. Love these.

    Happy Pink Saturday and thank you for the birthday wishes. You made my day even more special. I appreciate you and all you do to make Pink Saturday wonderful.♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this!! Absolutely beautiful.
    I added you to my sidebar blogroll and look forward to more visits.
    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  29. I pinned it! Thanks for the idea! http://pinterest.com/pin/48554502204671489/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just beautiful & clever
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  31. There is very awesome idea! Thank you Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love these Olivia! I'm a new follower. Would you please stop by and link up this post at Transformed Tuesday. I know my readers would love it. Hope you have time to stop by.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs
    http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/04/transformed-tuesday-35-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend! Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to hear your thoughts! Hugs, Olivia

Search This Blog