Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sweet Melanie's Christmas Home Tour

  Hello lovelies!
This week I am featuring Sweet Melanie's gorgeous Christmas home! Sweet Melanie is an absolute doll and over the top talented with all of her darling make over projects!
 
Let's let Melanie show us around....
This year is a little bit different....the tree is in the same spot, but there are touches of blue everywhere.
I used tulle to wrap the tree.  I've been doing this for a long time and each year it looks prettier.   Sometimes I use white, this year I used a pale pink with tiny sparkles.   The huge snowflakes from Dollar Tree add some extra sparkle.


I love having the tree in this spot because you can see it from all angles.  I hung a wreath I made a few years back on my window.  I just love this little window and decorating it!


The tree adds a nice glow to both rooms.

We bought a new tree a few years back because our old one was HUGE!  This one is more slim and definitely took some getting used to at first...but now I am in love with it!  It's so easy to put together and now we have so much more space!


This beast is another love of mine.  I love the wreaths on the doors with the white bows.  So simple and cheap!

I hung them with fishing line from the inside so no holes would be made and wouldn't be seen.

 I love this mirror and thought of adding the snowflakes one night when I was sleep deprived.  They came from Dollar Tree.  A little bit of tape and there ya go!  I'm tellin' ya...I get my best ideas when I am sleepy!  Go figure...


This arrangement means so much to me because it represents my last days with Mammaw before she passed.  That's why I like to have it paired with this angel....I really do miss her.

I love all of the sparkles!

I added the snowflakes to the window seals to give a more frosty, wintry feel.  I think it does the trick.


I added some pink ornaments to this swag above the mirror....


Now isn't that better?


Pine, white lights, crystals, snowflakes, tulle and my angel grouped with my little houses and tree give the perfect Christmasy feel.

The tulle makes the lights nice and with a soft glow.


 I love how it looks icy when the lights are on.


Here's my angel...I changed her up a bit.


I like it better this way.

I love how the little cross on the birdhouse church lights up behind the angel.


Mom had this little angel that I painted and added to my battery operated candelabra along with the pine centerpiece.  Then I added the pink, white and blue ornaments .  


Then I found a tray that I had been saving to paint roses or birds on and thought it would look great painted white and under this.  I think it makes it look so much better.


This grouping has basically stayed the same from last year...a few things are different though. 

I bought this little fake violin at a church sale.   It was red and black...but I knew it had potential.


The red bled through a wee bit, but that is ok because it looks PINK.  I've only bought one box of lights and these snowflakes this year.  I am hoping once I start with my outside decorations  that I do not have to buy anymore.

I am so happy you all waited so patiently to see my tree.  I've gotten so many messages from people wanting to see it.  It has been really hard because I am no good at waiting!

Make sure you come back for another visit soon...I'll be showing more of our home for Christmas.

Thanks again, I hope you all enjoy!
 
A big hug and thank you to Sweet Melanie for sharing her heart and home with us!
Joining 
and 
Hugs and sparkles,
xoxo
Olivia

7 comments:

  1. I love all of her décor! Just lovely.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat mooi!!!! Ik zou daar wel een avond in de kamer willen zitten en genieten van al het moois. Echt prachtig.
    Lieve groetjes Brie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, and happy that I found it, I loveeeee your decor it's so beautiful ;-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her Christmas home is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all just so beautiful, Olivia! Love all the white amidst the sparkles!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with Melanie's home and she is such a sweetheart! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so beautiful and fairy!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend! Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to hear your thoughts! Hugs, Olivia

Search This Blog