Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fabulous Shabby Bench Makeover!

Who can resist a Shabby Makeover story?
Especially when it turns out this stinkin cute...
The kids have been using this little bench in the middle of the living room to sit on,
the color of the original fabric has been driving me crazy
the original fabric was all spotted up and not fabulous....
Sooooo, I just had to fluff it up with this sweet shabby fabric
and some added vintage trim...
The stool came out a little artsy looking but it floats my boat and that's all that matters!
I found the pretty fabric flopped in a throw away thrift store box
 it was originally a dust ruffle but was torn in several places
I just knew it would be fabulous for something!
Now when the kids drag this bench around the living room if it gets left out,
at least it is interesting to look at...
I am partying with the 
Shabby Chic Cottage for transformation Thursday
 I hope your day is full of happiness and blessings!
Hugs,
Olivia

22 comments:

  1. Great job Olivia!
    Soooo Romantic!
    xoxo~kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It floats by boat too! it's adorable! Thanks for sharing.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia that bench is adorable!! I love how you used fabric that was to be thrown away. I am so in to recyling and not wasting anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Olivia, I love the bench it turned out beautiful. The lace is gorgeous.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO OLIVIA!!

    WHAT A FABULOUS MAKE OVER!! THE FABRIC IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND THE TRIM ALSO!!! GREAT JOB :)

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY!! :)

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable Olivia!!!
    I love how you think of ways to use things that people discard.
    You are so talented.
    Suzann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, love the fabric you chose, so soft and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  9. DEAR OLIVIA,
    WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BENCH AND THE MATERIAL AND LACE IS STUNNING.
    LOVE IT.
    HAVE A HAPPY FALL DAY
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous and very dreamy! Love the lace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Olivia,
    Don't you just love it when something turns out so well. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Olivia :) Love that sweet bench, and you did a wonderful job transforming it...I'm in LOVE with that gorgeous lace dripping from the bottom..YUMMY!!!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just beautiful! I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo Olivia, it looks amazing, so cute and pretty:))
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Olivia,
    You do have a beautiful blog and amazing creations. I am Sonia from Creating Vintage Charm magazine, and I hope you stay in touch. You may follow the magazine on FB for updates and future challenges.
    Thank you for coming by.
    Hugs!!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so pretty. I love the way you painted it too, and that lace is incredible. You did a wonderful job!
    Blessings~
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a transformation! Very romantic indeed! Great blog by the way (first time visitor). Love it!
    Claudia from FrenchCountry

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so beautiful, the addition of the lace really was a great idea! I don't know if I'd let anyone touch it though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ever so beautiful.....looks just like you!
    xojana

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend! Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to hear your thoughts! Hugs, Olivia

Search This Blog