Monday, September 27, 2010

A Step Back in Time

Over the weekend we took an enchanting trip back in time...
where early American Craftsmanship is celebrated and still practiced.
Ornaments and glassware are hand blown...
Blacksmiths hand forge horeshoes...
Baskets are hand woven
Artists and musicians play on the streets...
Gourds are fashioned into lampshades
Families are together, 
laughing and making happy memories...
There were many more early American crafts people and artisans making homemade apple butter, taffy, aprons, quilts, ice cream, beef jerky, knives etc....
Made me want to put on a pioneer dress and learn a craft!
We were blessed with the opportunity to visit Silver Dollar City, it was a blast!
Happy Fall Ya'll!
Hugs,
Olivia

5 comments:

  1. What a terrific place to visit! Looks like you had so much fun. I LOVE the handmade lampshades. How clever!
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh the pictures get me in the mood for a crisp fall day and pumpkin hunting. Your tour of everything is great...looks like you had tons of fun.

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia,
    What a great place for you to visit as a family!! And everything looks so lovely. A beautiful Fall day...... my favorite time of the year!! Except for Christmas time!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun fall day, I am so jealous that you are in sweaters!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to Silver Dollar City! We don't live that far away so I'm not sure why I haven't been there yet! Maybe we'll go closer to Christmas. I hear it's really beautiful with all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend! Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to hear your thoughts! Hugs, Olivia

Search This Blog